I love this easy to make, vegan, IBS free curry. I struggle with curries when I am eating out as they usually contain way too much onion and garlic for my symptoms. You can add these ingredients to this dish if you know that they don’t affect your IBS symptoms but I have left these out this time around.
If you prefer a carnivore type of curry, then you could easily add chicken to this curry. I have added this as an optional extra.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 stalks Celery
- 3 tbsp Curry Spices I used cumin, turmeric, chilli, cumin seeds, parsley, paprika
- 1 pinch Celery Salt or you can use normal salt
- 1 cup Basmati Rice or other rice of your choice
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander
- 3-5 cardamon pods OPTIONAL
- 1 Chicken Breast diced
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into roughly 1 cm cubes. Bring these to boil in a saucepan and cook for 5 - 8 minutes until soft.
- Whilst the sweet potato is cooking, shake and empty the can of coconut milk into a large deep pan and add the mixed curry spices (you can use a pre-mixed curry spice if you have no problems with onion or garlic). Stir these through on a gentle heat.
- Wash and chop the celery stalks into small pieces and add to the curry sauce. Stir gently. Add the cardamon pods at this point if you are using these.
- Whilst the curry sauce is simmering, get your rice on the boil by measuring out 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water in a sauce pan. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes on a really low heat. Add celery salt (or normal salt) to this.
- Your sweet potato should be cooked through by now so drain and add this to the curry sauce mix. Continue to simmer until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
- Once the rice is done, fluff with a fork and serve in a bowl. Add the curry sauce mix. Chop the fresh coriander and garnish and serve. Enjoy this gorgeous, vegan curry dish.
- *If adding chicken to this curry, simply brown in a saucepan and leave to one side and then add into the sauce when simmering for 8 - 10 minutes. Checking cooked through before serving.
Share this Recipe