|Prep Time||8 minutes|
|Cook Time||35+ minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- 3 medium Very Ripe Bananas
- 1 ½ cup Blueberries
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- ½ cup Muscavado flour
- ½ cup Butter or 1 ripe avocado works well
- 2 medium Eggs or vegan egg substitute
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Rock salt
- Preheat oven to 350F 175C and lightly grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter (or avocado) and sugar.
- Stir in eggs (or egg mix) vanilla, mashed bananas and blueberries until well blended.
- Combine all ingredients and add to loaf tin.
- Bake in pre heated oven for 35 minutes and be careful not to burn! To check if cooked properly, use a skewer or toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
- Leave loaf to cool for 10 - 15 minutes as otherwise it may crumble when sliced.
We love this bread but use this as an occasional treat. You can enjoy sweet treats with IBS as long as you are eating a balanced and healthy diet the rest of the time.
Share this Recipe